Sacramento Counseling by California Marriage and Family Counselors. Serving Carmichael, Fair Oaks, Orangevale, Gold River, Granite Bay, Folsom, Roseville, Rocklin, Loomis, Antelope and North Highlands.
Counseling ServicesOffice Appointments Online Counseling Telephone Counseling e-Mail Counseling Video Counseling Christian Counseling Our Fees Secure Order Form
About Cross CreekThe Staff Our Office
Contact UsContact Form Secure Order Form
Love or happiness? What 6 tools do you need to find both?
In the Business Insider, Drake Baer, wrote about activities that “Psychologists” say will make you happier. Well, we’re psychologists, so we thought to check it and see if we agree.
1) Spending meaningful, mindful time with people you care about. Characterisics of caring relationships include:
2) Committing to goals. From planting a flower to traveling the world, goals, for each day or for a lifetime, are important to well-being.
3) Find meaning in your work. From the farmer to the banker, what we do matters. Let’s talk about work happiness later this month!
4) Cultivate a long-term friendship. This can be with your lover or the friend who knows how much you hated getting braces.
5) Eating the fresh stuff. Although McDonalds fries are the best at making any task bearable, it’s apples and other fresh fruit or vegetables that make you healthy and happy.
6) Get outside and get moving. Even just a walk up the street and back can lift your mood. So be like a postal carrier; sunshine or rain, wind or heat wave, sleet or snow, walk outside a little bit.
Join us over the next few weeks while we explore happiness in our spiritual lives, our relationships, our workplace and within ourselves.
Information PagesNewest Article on Happiness Adult Survivors of Child Abuse Alcohol Abuse AMACs Anger Management Anxiety Attacks Art Therapy Asperger's Syndrome ADD ADHD Attention Deficit Autism Behavioral Problems Bereavement Bipolar Disorder Borderline Personalities Child Abuse Child Development Collaborative Divorce Couples Counseling Conduct Disorders Defense Mechanisms Depression Drug Abuse Eating Disorders Happiness Hypochondria Learning Disorders Obsessive Compulsive Oppositional Defiant Disorder Panic Attacks Phobias Play Therapy Post Traumatic Stress Presciption Drug Abuse Projection Sand Tray Therapy Schizophrenia Self Image Sexual Abuse Sexual Disorders Sleep Disorders Social Anxiety Sports & Exercise Stress Stress in Children Suicide Dictionary of Terms
ResourcesCounseling Resources Victims of Crime
Further InfoMore Info
© Copyright 1997-2015 Cross Creek Family Counseling Incorporated. All Rights Reserved.